- Effective for splints, sore shins, sprains and bruises
- Relieves and prevents swelling. Treats capped hocks and capped elbows
- Use for laminitis, thrush, seedy toe, corns and puncture wounds
- Treats open and infected wounds, cracked heels and mud fever
The all-purpose veterinary poultice and wound dressing. For use on horses and dogs (unsterile) FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
USE ANIMALINTEX TO CARE FOR YOUR HORSE OR PONY
COMPOSITION INGREDIENTS – TRAGACANTH 6.02g BORIC ACID 2.08g
Animalintex should be renewed at least once every 12 hours.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Animalintex is THE poultice and wound dressing suitable for a wide range of conditions.
Renowned world-wide for its effectiveness, and now improved with a stronger core for better strength when wet.
Animalintex is a unique and proven combination of…
BORIC ACID BP ANTISEPTIC
Minimises infection and re-infection, promotes healing.
A natural poulticing agent, activated by water, draws out infected wounds, abscesses and reduces inflammation. Contained in a specially made with…
LOW ADHERENT SKIN CONTACT LAYER
Prevents damaging the wound on removal and protects sensitive skin.
IMPROVED COTTON WOOL
Absorbs and holds away pus and infected secretions from the body. Also protects and warms.CUSHIONED PROTECTIVE LAYER
protects against external re-injury from knocks and bumps.
Keeps out external contamination, keeps in moisture and warmth for faster healing.
ECONOMICAL TO USE
Animalintex is the only poultice and dressing you can cut to the size needed, keeping the remainder for later use, no need to waste.
HOW TO USE ANIMALINTEX
HOT WET POULTICING
- Clean mud and dirt away from the area to be treated.
- Use whole or cut to the size required. (Place remainder back in the bag for use later).
- Place with the plastic side upermost in a shallow tray. (Do not use a bucket unless it has been very carefully cleansed first).
- Use boiled water that has been allowed to cool to 38ºC/100ºF and pour the water into the tray, around the edges of the Animalintex.
- When saturated, take out and gently hand squeeze out the excess water. (If pus is to be absorbed, squeeze out more water so that the poultice is damp rather than wet).
- Place on the affected area with the plastic side on the outside, moulding the Animalintex to the contours of the body.
- Hold in place with a bandage such as the Robinson Superflex cohesive bandage, making sure the poultice is completely covered.
COLD WET POULTICING
Follow the same procedure as above, butt using boiled water that has been allowed to cool thoroughly before pouring. When the Animalintex is saturated, squeeze out excess water and apply cold to the affected area.
After cleaning the area, apply the dressing directly then bandage. Used dry, Animalintex may be used several times and still retain its effectiveness.
DRY PRESSURE BANDAGING
Use dry, apply directly and bandage.